Our customer charter sets out our commitments to provide you with service, procedures and information at appropriate stages during your purchase. A copy will be provided if you reserve a property
Our staff are trained to understand their responsibilities to you as a purchaser. We endeavour to ensure that all our marketing literature and advertisements comply with relevant laws and advertising codes.
Consumer Code Charter
We have developed procedures to help to ensure that we give you the information and service to enable you to make the choices required for your new home. We will keep you fully informed as the purchase proceeds. We can also meet you at various stages to discuss your requirements and the details of your new home.
If you need to talk to us, please contact Mr John Cawrey – Director
0116 239 0600 or our Sales Negotiator on site who will be pleased to help you.
We will contact you with progress reports and to request choices of finishes and colours to meet the building programme.
HEALTH & SAFETY FOR VISITORS
For your own safety you must never enter our development site without prior arrangement. However, when it is safe to do so we will make arrangements to escort you round the site.
We will give you the detailed pre-contract information you need to make an informed decision about buying the property.
We recommed that you appoint your own professional Legal Advisor to carry out the legal formalities of buying the property and to represent your interests.
We will provide you with the name and contact details of our staff who will be responsible for helping you during the buying process. They will also deal with any questions and relevant choices/options available as the new home is completed.
We will give you clear and accurate information at the time of reservation so that you can understand any cancellation rights relating to your purchase. A deposit of £1000 is required to reserve one of our new homes for an agreed period, this is deducted from the price of the property. (£500 of the deposit is refundable if the sale does not proceed for any reason).
PRE-CONTRACT INFORMATION WILL INCLUDE
- the main contract terms of sale including price;
- details of the home including land and communal areas, location, development site layout and boundary details;
- a sketch layout plan with approximate room sizes marked;
- summary details of the type of construction of the house;
- the energy-efficiency rating of the home;
- the fixtures and fittings to be included;
- any choices and options, if available;
- the type of heating system and number of radiators or outlets;
- kitchen and bathroom layouts;
- summary of the external works and materials;
- details of things that may not be finished before you buy the property, such as final surfacing to roads and footpaths and landscaping; and
- details of any costs or charges each year, where known, for which you will be responsible.
We will give you reliable information about NHBC’s Buildmark cover and any other guarantees and warranties included.
EXCHANGE OF CONTRACTS
Our contract-of-sale, terms and conditions will be clear and fair. We will give you reliable information about the timing of construction, legal completion and handover of the property.
Once a completion date is agreed we will ensure that:-
- Your new home is completed on time and you are informed of progress.
- Any changes to our completion programme will be notified and agreed with you.
- Regular updates will be sought from Solicitors involved in the ‘chain’ of buyers.
- The transfer of ownership takes place; and
- The functions and facilities of the property are demonstrated to you.
We will make clear to you your cancellation rights.
We will protect your reservation deposit and hold any other pre-payments received. Payment for extra items will be required at the time of order.
AFTER YOU MOVE IN
Should you experience a problem with your new home please contact our office on 0116 2390600 and we will arrange for someone to attend. We will repair defects in your home for the first 2 years after completion. However, we are not responsible for problems caused by wear and tear, accidental damage, decorating and routine maintenance. You are responsible for these items. If anything occurs that is, or seems to be an immediate danger to your property or to health or safety outside office hours, a contact number will be made available.
Health & Safety for Home Owners on developments under construction
We will give you health and safety advice to reduce the risk of dangers on the development site during construction and in the use of your home.
Please ensure that any children or visitors stay away from areas under construction.
COMPLAINTS & DISPUTES
If you are dissatisfied in anyway with the service you have received from us under our charter, please write to Mr John Cawrey, Managing Director, Cawrey Limited, Kirby Grange Farm, Taverner Drive, Ratby, Leicester. LE6 0HQ
We will co-operate with an appropriately qualified professional advisor you may appoint to help resolve disputes. NHBC offer a dispute resolution service if you feel you have been treated unfairly within the initial 2-year period of warranty. Should you need to contact NHBC, please quote the Buildmark Number in your Handover Pack.
Our customer charter commitments do not affect your statutory rights.